Today we got some guests for visit and so I did this lemon pie. :) Have never actually eaten lemon pie before but have always thought it looks so good. So I was hoping that it tasted as it should haha. I am not a person who really bake, I’m more for cooking! Usually I always do something wrong when I bake, but this time it went really well. :)
3 dl flour
125 g butter
2 msk water
4 dl water
2 dl sugar
1.25 dl corn starch
2 lemons, juice and zest
4 egg yolks
1 msk butter
4 egg whites
1,5 dl sugar
1. Mix together the ingredients for the pastry.
2. Press the dough in a folded pie dish with detachable edge, about 25 cm in diameter.
3. Bake at 225 degrees about 15 minutes. Take out and let it cool.
4. Mix water, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice in a saucepan and let it boil up, stir occasionally.
5. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the egg yolks and let the cream to simmer. Add the lemon zest and butter. Let the cream cool.
6. Pour the cream into the cooled pie shell.
7. Beat the egg whites and sugar into a meringue batter. Spread the meringue over the lemon cream.
8. Place the pie in 150 degrees for about eight minutes until meringue gets a little color.
9. Serve the pie slightly cooled with whipped cream. :)