Who doesn’t love carrot cake?! So good and moist cake. But this is flavored with coconut, and make it even tastier. I think, because I really love coconut, in everything, cakes, ice cream and food. :) You will surely love this too!
2 large eggs
3 dl powdered sugar
1.5 dl of neutral oil
4 dl flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
0,5 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
0.5 tsp salt
300 g of carrots (5 cups finely grated)
1.5 dl of coconut
100g butter, room warm
200g cream cheese
4 dl sifted powdered sugar
a little lemon zest or vanilla sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Beat eggs and sugar white and fluffy. Add the oil and whisk together.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground ginger and salt in a separate bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Finish by turning down the grated carrots and grated coconut.
- Pour batter into pan and bake the cake for about 45-50 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely before spreading the frosting.
- Beat butter until frost it get’s really creamy, add the cream cheese and whisk together well, about 3-5 minutes.
- Sift the icing sugar and whisk together until creamy frosting. You can flavor the frosting, with some lemon zest or a little vanilla.
- Spread the frosting over the carrot cake and decorate with what you want. :)