This is a very easy and quick dessert to make. Super tasty as well. So back to the Asian theme again. Usually in every asian restaurant they will have fried banana with ice cream on the dessert menu. But I did a remake, skipped the fried part and added some crunch instead. You must try it. And remember to be very careful when you make the caramel bananas, they can easily burn.. Have it on low/medium heat.
1/2 dl chopped almonds, without the shell
1/2 dl grated coconut flakes
3 whole Bananas, cut in half and then slice them in the middle
2 tablespoons Butter
2 tablespoons Sugar
Vanilla Ice Cream
Marble syrup (you can also use honey)
- Start to prepare the crunch. Heat a dry skillet, medium heat, add the almonds and coconut flakes and roast them till they get golden brown. Put on a plate to rest.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add the butter and stir until it becomes a very light golden color. Then add the sugar and stir. (Be careful to not burn the caramel!!)
- Add the bananas and let them get a golden color. Gently slide them in the pan so they gets coated with the caramel. Don’t cook them to long as they get soft very quick.
- Gently remove the bananas from the pan and put them on to the serving dish. I drizzled some chocolate sauce first on the plate and then put the banana slices on top.
- Then add a ball of vanilla ice cream. Next, drizzle some marble syrup (you can also use honey). Top with the roasted crunch. Serve on a plate, in a bowl or in some nice glasses.