One of my favorite things to have for afternoon coffee is apple pie, the Swedish way I would say. That crusty layer over the apples is so delicious. I have so many different ways to do this layer but this time I tried to do it with a caramel taste. So I brown the butter a little longer till it gets that nutty smell and I also added some syrup and salt. Turned out so good. And the vanilla wisp, is the best! You need to try it.
1/2 dl syrup
1 tablespoon cream
2,5 dl of oatmeal
1 dl flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Grease an ovenproof dish with butter.
- Brown the butter in a saucepan. (Let it melt and when it starts to smell nutty and becomes a little brown, then it’s done. Be careful so you don’t burn the butter).
- Peel the apples, cut them into slices and place in the dish.
- Mix the syrup and cream with the butter.
- Then add the oatmeal, flour, baking powder and salt flakes.
- Add the batter on top of the apple slices.
- Place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. The pie should be golden.
Serve it with this amazing vanilla wisp:
3 pcs egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
3/4 dl sugar
3 dl whipping cream
- Beat the egg yolks, vanilla powder and sugar until fluffy with an electric mixer.
- Pour the cream in another bowl and whisk it until firm.
- Then turn the whipped cream into the egg mixture, NOT MIX. done. :)