My bf has turned 28 years old (almost 30) ;) haha. And I got flight tickets back just before his birthday. I had been away for 4 weeks and it felt so weird to be apart for so long… But finally I’m back with my boys.
We had the whole weekend to just be with each other and celebrate his birthday, also because it was a ‘holiday weekend’ in Iceland so S was free.
I did his favourite meal on his birthday of course, Hamburger haha. But I decided to do a luxury burger from scratch!! Own mayonnaise, own dressing and own bread! And yes, S was impressed ;) He was really satisfied!
5.5 dl flour
25 g yeast
25 g butter
2.5 dl milk
0.5 tsp salt
- Crumble the yeast into a bowl. You can buy dry yeast as well but I prefer fresh. Melt the butter in a pot.
- Add the milk and stir. Heat to 37 degrees. Add the liquid in the bowl and stir until the yeast has dissolved.
- Add salt and almost all the flour. Work the dough for 10 minutes in the machine or 15 minutes by hand.
- Let rise for 40 minutes under a kitchen towel.
- Knead the dough lightly with remaining flour. Roll into balls, one per bread.
- Add a greaseproof paper on a oven plate, put the ‘balls’ there. Put a kitchen towel over and let it rise 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees and brush the loaves with beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven about 10 minutes until the bread gets golden.
1-1.5 tsp Dijon mustard
1 pinch of salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 dl neutral oil (not cold pressed! Gives to much taste)
Place all ingredients in a tall cup. Use a hand blender and mix everything together. All the oil should be mixed in nicely and until the mayonnaise gets this white nice colour then it’s done. :)
You can keep it in the refrigerator for 1 week!
The best Hamburger dressing
It’s a secret recipe from ‘Shake Shack’, the best burger place in the world!!!
1,2 dl mayonnaise (I used my home made one)
4 slices of pickled cucumber with dill, it’s ok with the original too.
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
A pinch of cayenne pepper
Pour all ingredients into a container and use a hand blender until smooth. Season with a little more cayenne pepper if you want.
1 yellow onion and Butter
Slice the onion and fry in a high heat pan with melted butter so it gets a little face, then lower the heat so the onion gets clear. Add more butter during frying.
And then you will need nice minced beef, cheddar cheese, fried bacon and salad, sliced thin!
- Take out the meat and divide it into portions, avoid mixing it too much, shape it easily to nice steaks.
- Salt and pepper the steaks on both sides.
- Then fry the meat in butter, high heat first, then a little lower. Turn the meat and add the cheese on the fried side.
- Cut the new baked bread in half, fry them in a heated pan to get that final touch. Add the sliced salad. Serve the meat directly on the salad, continue with some bacon, then the onion and at least our home made dressing on the top.
- Serve it with some home made sweet potato fries and some pickles.