I’ve been away 1 month in the US, came home this Wednesday. Always nice to come home and meet my boys but I miss LA and NY so much already, but luckily I’ll be back very soon again.
After a lot of unhealthy food and no diet at all I could finally start to cook and do some healthy food. And as soon as I came here I just felt… urrggghh this weather haha. The fall has arrived and what would suit better then a warm soup.
1 liter of water, add more if the soup gets too thick
2 stock cube, veggie
1 sweet potato, (about 500g)
1 red chili, without the seeds (take 1/2 if you are sensitive for spicy food)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 1/2 dl coconut milk
1 dl orange juice
salt + black pepper + garlic powder + coriander flakes
creme fraiche, sunflower and pumpkin seeds for serving.
1. Peel the sweet potatoes, carrots and onions. Cut into pieces. Chop the chili.
2. Heat the oil and fry the onion for a few minutes in a pan without adding colour. Add the chili, ginger, sweet potatoes and the carrots.
3. Fry everything together and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and coriander flakes.
4. Pour the water and add the stock cubes.
5. Cook the soup until the vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes.
6. Pour the coconut milk and the juice into the soup.
7. Mix the soup to a creamy consistency. Best is to use a stick blender. Add more water if needed.
8. Season it more if needed.
Serve it with a spoon of creme fraiche, drizzle some olive oil and add some coriander flakes and the seeds. I also bought this delicious bread at ‘Coocoo’s Nest’ here in Reykjavik. Perfect to dip in the soup. :)