Yesterday I did this amazingly good fish soup. It’s flavoured with red curry paste to get that nice spicyness.
500g fish, I had salmon and Saithe (Sej på svenska or Ýsa in Icelandic). Cut into larger pieces and no skin attached.
100g peeled shrimps
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
10cm leek, sliced
1-2 fresh fennel, trimmed and sliced
2 tbsp tomato puré
2 tsp red curry paste
4 tbsp concentrated lobster stock
6-7 dl water
2 dl cream
1,5 dl chopped fresh dill
salt and pepper
1. Preheat a pot with some olive oil and fry the onion, garlic, leek and fennel together for a few minutes.
2. Add the tomato puré and curry paste and stir. Add the lobster stock and water and let it boil together for a few minutes.
3. Add the fish (not the shrimp yet) and let simmer for about 5-10 min so the fish is cooked through. It doesn’t take long as the fish is fresh.
4. Pour in the cream and the chopped dill and let simmer for another 3 minutes.
5. Then add the shrimp and taste if it needs some salt and pepper.
6. Serve the soup with some créme fraiche and some good bread. I bought our bread at Brauð & Co downtown Reykjavik. So good.
ENJOY and eat more fish folks!!!!