I really recommend to try out to do this cake, It’s not complicated at all, as you always might think about vegan/raw cake. Or I always think so haha.
- 1 dl dried dates
- ½ dl pecans
- ½ dl walnuts (I actually had hazel nuts instead, because I didn’t have walnuts at home)
- ½ dl raw cacoa powder
- ¼ dl dried figs
- 2 dl dried dates, soaked in water for 1-2 hours
- 5 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ dl raw cacao powder
- 1/3 dl maple syrup/agave nectar or a raw sweetener of choice
- ¼ dl coconut oil
- Vegan chocolate from Naturata
- Start by preparing the base. Do this by pulsing and blending all the base ingredients in a food processor until they form together.
- Turn out into a pie tray and press down with your hands until the mixture in evenly distributed to form the base.
- Next take the dates that you have soaked, drain well and blend together with the water, coconut oil and salt until silky smooth. Pour this over the base and smooth the top out until flat. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes before adding the topping.
- Blend up the topping ingredients. Blend the cacao powder, coconut oil and sweetener of choice until smooth. Remove the tray containing the base and caramel from the freezer and delicately spread the chocolate topping over the caramel. Use a spatula to make the top as smooth and level as possible.
- Store in the freezer, well covered for 3 hours before slicing and serving, preferably overnight.
- Grate some vegan chocolate over as garnish before you serve it. :)