A perfect weekday dish, easy to prepare and yes it’s good! This is a typical Swedish dish “Pytt i panna”, it literally means mixed food in small pieces, as you can see. It’s quick to prepare, specially if you have some left overs of potatoes (boiled) or some protein. Just add some chopped onions, salt and pepper and that’s it!
This time I made a “Pytt i panna” with a bbq sausage and a very yummy horseradish cream.
Pytt i panna
500 g sausage
600 grams of cooked cold potatoes
salt and pepper
butter for frying
Horseradish and dijon cream
2 dl sour cream
2 tbsp grated horseradish
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tsp honey
Serve it with pickled beets and fresh parley.
- Cut sausages, potatoes and onions into rough pieces.
- Then fry the sausage in a pan until browned, add the onion and the potatoes, stir everything together and fry until cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper and let cook over low heat until serving.
- Fry the eggs and mix the cream in the meantime.
- In a bowl, stir together all the ingredients for the cream.