These are very delicious and beautiful fruit pastries with a wonderful cream cheese filling. Perfect to do when you have guest invited. They are super easy to prepare as you use store bought puff pastry.
Any type of fruit will work for these pastries, your choice! :)
1 package of puff pastry (about 250 g)
200 gram cream cheese, room temperature
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract or pulver
1 egg + 1 tbsp water for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl beat cream cheese with the sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla until creamy.
- Unfold the puff pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. Use a round cookie cutter or a glass, cut out circles from the sheet of puff pastry.
- Transfer the pastry circles onto the baking sheets. Lightly do smaller circular, about 0.5 cm from the edges then prick the centers of each pastry with a fork.
- Spread a portion of the cream cheese mixture inside the border of each pastry then top with berries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg with 1 tablespoon water. Brush the edges of the pastries with the egg wash then sprinkle them with sugar.
- Bake the pastries for 15 to 20 minutes or until they’re golden and puffed.
- Remove the pastries from the oven and allow them to cool before serving.