How cute aren’t these Easter cupcakes? And they taste delicious as well. It’s lemon cupcakes with white chocolate frosting, topped with chocolate pieces and mini chocolate eggs to look like a birds nests. So yummy. The perfect treat for Easter!
200 g melted butter, cooled
3 dl sugar
1/2 dl milk
zest and lemon juice of 1 lemon (about 1/2 dl juice)
4 ½ dl flour
1 tsp vanilla sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
100g of white chocolate
150g of butter, room temp
150g cream cheese
250g icing sugar
Cold dark chocolate (store the chocolate in the fridge before cutting)
Mini chocolate eggs
- For the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 220 degrees and set out 12 paper cups in a muffin pan.
- Beat sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixed with baking powder and vanilla sugar. Add the melted butter, milk, lemon juice and lemon zest, stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin liners and bake in the middle of the oven for about 15-18 minutes.
- Frosting: Melt the chocolate over a water bath or in the microwave and allow to cool slightly. Beat the butter really creamy and add the chocolate and continue whisking.
- Add the icing sugar and the cream cheese and beat until the frosting is fluffy and smooth.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag with a round tip and pipe onto the cupcakes.
- Use a knife and cut along side the chocolate to create chocolate pieces. Sprinkle over the freshly piped frosting and then top with mini chocolate eggs.
- Store in the fridge if not eating within 24 hours. Remove from fridge 30-60 minutes before serving to allow cupcakes to come to room temperature.
HAPPY EASTER! :)