Unfortunately we don’t eat much cauliflower at home but when we do I usually have it in soup or do a mash with it instead of potatoes if you want to be more healthier.
This cauliflower soup is super yummy and has a taste of coconut and indian spices. It’s also vegan for the ones who desire that. You’ll definitely love this creamy soup.
1 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
1 yellow onion, diced
1 bay leaf
1 1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
4 garlic cloves, minced
10 dl water
2 vegetable stock cubes
1 big cauliflower head, roughly chopped to the same size
2 1/2 dl coconut milk in can
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
Coconut milk, dry coriander and cayenne pepper for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-low. Add onion and all the spices. Fry and stir until the onions become translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and fry another few minutes.
- Then add the cauliflower and mix everything together so it coats with the spices. Pour in water and the cube stocks, bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for about 10 minutes, until the cauliflower is soft.
- Remove the pot from the heat, take away the bay leaf and use a hand blender and mix until smooth.
- Transfer back to the heat and stir in the coconut milk and lemon juice. Taste and season more if needed.
- Serve hot with some nice bread.