My mom is visiting me here in Iceland and of course we cook a lot of thai food, or my mom does haha. I’m still learning to cook as good thai food as mom.
We made this delicious green curry dish with chicken that is so easy to cook. Your home will smell like a real thai restaurant after cooking this.
Remember not to chop the veggies, it should be in bigger pieces.
300 gram Chicken filé, or I prefer chicken thigh filé, sliced into pieces
1 can full fat coconut milk
5 tbsp green curry paste
1 can sliced bamboo, drained
2 dl water
3 tbsp fish sauce
2 tsp sugar
1/2 onion, cut into pieces
1 small zucchini, cut into pieces
8-10 mushrooms, cut half or 1/4
1 red paprika, cut into pieces
1 red chilli, remove the seeds and slice thinly
- Add coconut milk (only the white part) and the green curry paste in a wok pan or a big pot on medium heat. Stir constantly. Cook until fragrant and bubbly, should start to be a bit oily.
- Add chicken and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken is done. Add the bamboo.
- Stir in the rest of the coconut milk/water from the can and 2 dl water, then add the fish sauce and sugar. Stir and let simmer for another few minutes.
- Add the onion and veggies and stir everything together and cook for about 10 minutes, or until veggies are tender-crisp.
- Taste and see if you need more fish sauce (fish sauce is like salt).
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with red chilli and coriander. Serve it with cooked jasmine rice.