This cake is so moist, tasty and beautiful. A perfect summer cake with strawberries and blueberries to treat your guest with. You can also choose other berries or fruits if you like. But this time I chose these berries as the summer is just around the corner.
Serve the cake with some light whipped cream, yummy!
3 1/2 dl flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
50 gram butter, room temp
2 1/2 dl sugar
1 1/2 dl greek yogurt
Fresh strawberries and blueberries
1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Grease a round springform (22 cm) the side and the bottom with butter. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper too.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla sugar together into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter, sugar and eggs until light in color and fluffy. Add greek yogurt and continue beating until creamy.
- Mix in the flour mix slow until combined. Don’t over mix.
- Transfer the batter to the springform pan. Top it with sliced strawberries and blueberries evenly on top. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake until the cake turns golden, and the tester comes out clean in the center, takes about 1 hour, depending on your oven. During halfway through baking, put some extra berries on top of the cake and return to baking.
- Let the cake cool before you release it from the springform.
- Sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar and serve it with some light whipped cream.