Yeyy, finally I did beautiful and super delicious cupcakes! I’m not that good at baking, I’m still practicing and I do get better and better. I usually think that making cupcakes seems so hard or a lot of work. But now I just think it’s super fun, specially to pipe. I can bet you that you will see more cupcake recipes coming up here haha.
This time I made chocolate cupcakes with chocolate bites inside and a super good frosting with blackberry. You need to try these! The chocolate cake is so soft and the frosting is so fluffy and creamy, you will love them.
4 dl of flour
2 dl sugar
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla sugar
A pinch of salt
1 dl cocoa powder
3 dl milk
1 dl neutral oil
100 gram dark chocolate, chopped
3 dl blackberries
2 tbsp lemon juice
225 gram butter, room temp (needs to be very soft)
1/2 tsp salt
9 dl powdered sugar, sifted (more if needed)
Blackberries for garnish
- Chocolate cupcakes: Set the oven on 175 C. Line a muffin pan with baking cases. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla sugar, salt and cocoa in a bowl. Mix so that everything is mixed properly.
- Beat egg, milk and oil for about 1 minute. Mix in the flour mixture together with the egg mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate to the batter. Divide the batter evenly into the baking cases and bake in the middle of the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Blackberry frosting: Put the blackberries and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and stir constantly until blackberries have become soft enough to mash. Cook for about 7 minutes. It will look like blackberry jam.
- Remove the mixture from the heat. Place a strainer over a small bowl and push the puree though, leaving seeds and large chunks behind. Allow mixture to cool completely before using.
- Beat the butter in a bowl on medium-speed until completely smooth, scraping down the sides when needed, about 4 minutes. Should be fluffy and very light colour. Add in the blackberry sauce and beat until completely combined.
- Add in the powdered sugar, 2 dl at a time, on low speed. Once all of the sugar has been added, add in salt and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Spoon the frosting into a piping bag. Pipe the frosting onto each cupcake. Top with blackberry!