This brushetta with ricotta and a fresh salad with tomato and sweet melon on top and a home made basil pesto is a great combination. You can do smaller bites as snack food or as a starter or you can do bigger portions and eat it for breakfast or lunch. So deliciously good.
You can store the home made basil pesto in the fridge and use it for so much more. A big hit is to toss it with some pasta and little cream or just top it on crackers.
A bunch of fresh basil, about 1 pot.
1 dl of grated parmesan
0.7 dl pine nuts
2 garlic cloves
1.5 dl olive oil
salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
A pinch of salt and pepper
Nice Sourdough bread or baguette
- Place all the ingredients for the pesto except the olive oil to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a several times. Scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady small stream. Adding the olive oil slowly, while the processor is running, will help keeping the olive oil from separating.
- Stir in some salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Cut the tomatoes and cantaloupe into small cubes. Cut away the seeds from the tomato flesh as we don’t want that in the salad as it gets too watery.
- But the cubes in a bowl, add oliv oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and toss around.
- Cut the bread to nice pieces. Spread with butter and roast the bread both sides on a medium heat pan.
- Add ricotta on the bread, top with the tomato and cantaloupe cubes and the home made basil pesto. Drizzle some olive oil and sparkle with some salt and pepper.