These chocolate muffins are to die for! The muffins are sticky and soft in the center and the frosting has a taste of chocolate and coffee, the perfect combination.
The chocolate muffins are also good on their own, no need for the frosting if you just want to have a delicious and sticky chocolate cake. It also suits perfect as a dessert, just serve it with berries and ice cream or whipped cream. A must try!
Sticky chocolate muffins:
3 dl sugar
1 1/2 dl flour
2 tsp vanilla sugar
4 tbsp cocoa powder
A pinch of salt
100 g melted butter
Chocolate and coffee frosting:
200 gram butter, room temp (needs to be very soft)
1/2 tsp salt
100 gram melted dark chocolate (cooled)
1 1/2 tbsp strong coffee (cooled)
7 dl powdered sugar, sifted (more if needed)
- Put the oven at 225 °C.
- Stir together eggs and sugar (do not whisk).
- Mix the dry ingredients and then pour it into the egg mixture.
- Stir down the melted butter. Fill the batter in small muffin forms, I recommend to use a muffin pan.
- Bake in the lower part of the oven for about 8-10 minutes. The center should still be soft.
- Let the muffins cool completely before adding the frosting.
- Beat the butter in a bowl on medium-speed until completely smooth, scraping down the sides when needed, about 4 minutes. Should be fluffy and very light colour. Add the melted chocolate and coffee and beat until completely combined.
- Add powdered sugar, 2 dl at a time, on low speed. Once all of the sugar has been added, add in salt and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Spoon the frosting into a piping bag. Pipe the frosting onto each muffin.