A perfect summer cake, vanilla cheesecake with a delicious strawberry glaze on top! You can easily prepare the cake one day a head and just take it out from the fridge in time for serving. I did my cheesecake the day before and the strawberry glaze the day after, doesn’t really matter. The glaze should be a bit loose so it gets extra juicy.
10 vanilla biscuits or Digestive, about 3 dl crumbs
2 tbsp sugar
50 gram butter, melted
400 gram cream cheese, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
1 egg yolk, room temperature
2 1/2 dl sugar
2 dl sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
900 gram strawberries, cut into bigger pieces
1 dl water
1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
0.7 dl sugar
A pinch of salt
1 gelatin leave, soaked in water for 3 min
2 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix the biscuits into crumbs. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and then press evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of a pie pan (23 cm).
- Bake at 170 C for 10 minutes or until crust just begins to brown. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 170 C. Beat cream cheese until smooth, about 1 minute. Beat in sugar followed by eggs then egg yolk, one at a time until combined. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Pour filling over cooled crust.
- Place the pie pan in a larger pan and add hot water until it reaches half way up the sides of the pie pan. Bake for 45 minutes. The cheesecake should still jiggle in the center (it will get firm after chilling).
- After 45 minutes, turn oven off and open the oven door a bit and let it cool in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and water and let cool completely and then chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, recommend over night.
- Add about 3 dl roughly chopped strawberries and water to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add puree to a saucepan and add cornstarch, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it starts to thicken up.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the gelatin leave and lemon juice. Let cool to room temperature.
- Add the rest of the strawberries to the cooled strawberry glaze and stir until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, spoon the glaze over the cheesecake, serve with some whipped cream if you like. :)