When you have made homemade granola for the first time you’ll never want to buy ready granola in the store anymore. It’s so easy to throw together and after the first time you’ll have all the ingredients at home and can just make new granola anytime.
You have many options to sweeten your granola, I used honey but if you’re vegan you can use for example: agave syrup, coconut nectar or maple syrup.
4 dl oats (gluten free if needed)
1 1/2 dl grated coconut
1 dl linseeds
1 dl pumpkin seeds
1 dl sunflower seeds
1 dl walnuts, roughly chopped
1/2 dl chopped hazelnuts
1/2 dl coconut flakes
1/2 dl cacao nibs
1 dl dried cranberry
1 dl raisins
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp honey
0.5 dl water
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 175 C. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, honey, water, cinnamon and cardamom.
- In a big bowl stir together all other ingredients except the dried fruits. Pour the liquid over the oat mix and stir everything together.
- Spread the oat mixture evenly over the baking pan.
- Bake the granola until the oats are golden and dry, 15-20 minutes.
- Let the granola cool and then stir in the dried fruits.
- Store airtight at room temperature for up to 1 month.