I love these tasty grilled scampi! First time I tried these kind of scampi was in a tapas restaurant and I got stuck haha. Loved it and it’s not hard to do at all. I would say this is a perfect snack before dinner, as an appetiser. I promise your dinner guest will love it.
500 gram scampi
zest and juice from 1/2 lemon
1/2 dl olive oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/2 red chilli, de-seeded and chopped
3 cloves pressed garlic cloves
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tbsp chopped coriander
Salt and pepper
12 wooden skewers and water
1. Let the wooden skewers lay in water while you preparing the marinade.
2. In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients to the marinade.
3. Take the wooden skewers and add 4-5 scampis to each skewer, depending how long skewers you’re using.
4. Put them in a shallow baking dish and pour almost all the marinade over the scampi skewers, (save some for garnish) make sure each one is nicely coated.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes.
6. Remove the scampi from the fridge and heat up your grill.
7. Grill them for about 3 minutes per side and until they get a nice grilled surface.
8. Drizzle the rest of the marinade and serve.