I’m so happy to get to cook with these fresh vegetables in Australia. So lucky! It makes such a difference with the cooking, so much more tastier and fun.
Where I’m staying at Bondi Beach they have this amazing grocery called “Harris Farm” were they have all fresh vegetables and fruits. I think I’m there everyday and everything is organic. I wish they had this in Iceland but I bet it’s hard. I must say it’s very hard to shop nice vegetables and fruits in Iceland, you need to be very lucky to get a nice green avocado hehe. Here you don’t even need to worry about that. ;)
As many know about me is that I love noodle soup, if I could choose something to eat everyday it will be noodle soup. You can make so many different kind of noodle soup and this one is a very healthy and also vegan. You could also use chicken, beef or any kind of meat, just fry the meat with the paste in the beginning to a nice colour before adding the broth.
This dish only takes 20 min to cook as well!!
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 cm fresh ginger, minced
2 tbsp red curry paste
1 tbsp coconut oil
9 dl vegetable stock
1 can coconut milk
190 g thin rice noodles
4 lime leaves (optional)
My choice of Vegetables:
different kinds of mushrooms
- Soak the noodles in cold water for about 20min. Then drain the water.
- Combine minced garlic, ginger and the red curry paste in a small bowl to a nice paste.
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil in medium heat and then add the paste you just combined. Stir and fry for 1-2 minutes, don’t let it burn!
- Add the broth and coconut milk. Bring to boil and then add your choice of vegetables, remember that some vegetables takes longer time to cook. For example the mushrooms and tofu just need a few minutes to cook, so I would put them in the last. Cook until all vegetables are done. Season with some salt if needed.
- Put some of the soaked noodles in a serving bowl, as much as you desire. Pour soup and vegetables over the noodles and let sit for a few minutes.
- Garnish with sliced chili, fresh cilantro, sliced spring onion and squeeze over some lime juice.