I must say this is one of my favourite pasta dishes at the moment. So easy to make and it’s so damn good. Perfect dish to invite friends over and serve it with some good red wine. They will love it.
I choose to serve it with Ricotta cheese but you could definitely use burrata instead. Both taste to good with this pasta dish. Just see what’s available in the grocery. For my Icelandic readers: I buy the ricotta cheese at Melabudin, they always have ricotta cheese available. But I think I also have bought it once at Hagkaup Kringlan at the cheese desk. :)
15-20 cherry tomatoes, divided (use different colours as it makes the dish even more beautiful)
4 tbsp olive oil plus more for serving
2.5 dl (1 cup) basil and thyme
4 cloves garlic, divided
salt and pepper to taste
6 slices prosciutto
4 eggs beaten
2 dl (3/4 cup) parmesan cheese freshly grated
pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
400 gram of your favourite pasta, I used spaghetti this time.
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C degrees.
2. Add the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, fresh basil and thyme, 4 cloves garlic (press them with the wide side of the knife), generous sprinkle of salt and pepper to a baking dish. Toss well, making sure the tomatoes are coated in olive oil, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the prosciutto in pieces. Transfer to the oven and roast for 15 minutes or until the tomatoes collapse and the prosciutto is crisp.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta until al dente. Before you drain the pasta scoop out about 1.5 dl (1/2 cup) pasta water, drain the pasta well.
4. Beat together the eggs, parmesan, crushed red peppers in large serving bowl or a big pan.
5. Add the hot pasta to the egg/cheese mixture, tossing quickly to ensure the eggs do not scramble, the eggs should thicken and create a sauce. Thin the sauce with a bit of the saved pasta water, until it reaches your desired consistency.
6. Add the tomatoes and all the juices from the tomatoes and gently toss to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt. Top with Ricotta cheese or burrata and some fresh basil leaves.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS!!!