Almost weekend and I can’t wait to do a nice Friday dinner tomorrow. It’s something I’m always looking forward to haha, I know, I’m a food nerd but I love it. And of course to drink some good wine. That’s seriously life. To share good food and wine in some good company. Perfect.
So this pasta dish is super easy to prepare and is perfect to do if you want to have a nice Friday dinner but don’t have much time to cook. It literally takes 20 min to prepare. It’s so good and so simple. I love to just top my pastas with burrata or in this case I needed to buy buffalo mozzarella as I couldn’t find burrata in Iceland, and burrata is absolutely my favourite, so sad. But anyways, thank god we have Melabúdin that at least sell buffalo mozzarella.
1 dl pistachios
1 handful fresh basil leaves
1 handful arugula
1 large garlic clove
1 1/2 dl extra virgin olive oil, more if needed
1 1/2 dl grated parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste
400 gram fettuccine
2-3 balls buffalo mozzarella or burrata, divided
lemon zest, chopped pistachio and olive oil for garnish
*More grated parmesan for serving if desired
1. Place pistachios, basil, arugula, garlic, olive oil into a food processor and pulse until a thick pesto. Add more olive oil if needed.
2. Scrape down sides of the bowl and add the grated parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Pulse a few times more. Set aside.
4. Fill a large pot with water, add a lot of salt and some olive oil. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil the pasta, stirring occasionally, until al dente.
6. Drain pasta, save 1 1/2 dl pasta water for later.
7. Scoop pesto into a large mixing bowl and top with the pasta. Toss together.
8. Pour reserve pasta water over the pasta and pesto and continue to toss together until completely combined. Adjust seasonings if needed.
9. Divide pasta onto serving plates and top each serving with a half ball of buffalo mozzarella and finish with sprinkle of lemon zest, chopped pistachio and drizzle more olive oil if desired. Serve.